Sustainable and Innovative Natural Resource Management Programme
In order to expose all students to different institutional settings, student mobility within Europe is an integral part of the programme.
- General Entrance Module – Semester I – Ghent University
including field trip for the Winter School – TU Freiberg
- Advanced Module – Semester II – Uppsala University
- Field trip – Summer School – TU Freiberg
- Advanced Module II – Semester III and master thesis – choose one of the following majors containing (elective) courses in combination with master dissertation research:
– Geo-resource Exploration (Uppsala)
– Sustainable Processes (Freiberg)
– Sustainable Materials and Resource Recovery (Ghent)
Each student will incorporate 15 ECTS of interorganisational mobility to the non-academic sector – e.g. as internship and part of the work on the master thesis.
All students will be moving as a cohort to Gent, Freiberg and Uppsala in the first year, which approach has significant networking and social cohesion advantages.
During this first year, students are introduced to the value chain, management of natural resources, the circular economy, its economic, policy and legal aspects, inventory techniques, the clean technology concept and life cycle assessment tools to assess sustainability of products, services and processes. Moreover, students are exposed to a basic training in the different technological tools that can be used to intervene in different parts of the value chain (geo-resource exploration, sustainable (chemical) extraction processes, sustainable materials and resource recovery technology).